DAHDi / FreePBX Asterisk Config

OK, I have a request for assistance. I have up and running a system using the following versions:
FreePBX 2.10
CentOS 5.7
ASterisk 2.6.18
Distro 64 Bit version

I have purchased and installed a Digium Aex410 FXO card
I have confirmed that the card is working by stopping and starting the DAHDi service from the Asterisk server command line it shows that the card is working ok

What I am requesting is “Crib Notes” on the process inside freePBX to config and get the card working for placing and receiving calls. I have looked at the Outbound and Inbound Routes as well as the Trunks area but I must admit I am still not able to get it to work so I must be missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

You look as if you are right at the bottom of the learning curve, you will need to do research on setting up chan_dahdi and then on setting up trunks, inbound and outbound routes and zap chan DID’s. Its a lot of stuff and you need to understand how it all hangs together but it is all out there if you Google. If you want it done quickly and painlessly an hour of paid support might be the answer.

I have heard that people think we (people who know how to configure DAHDI) are witholding information on the subject. In actuality you have to have an in depth understanding of telephony, your regional variants and the quirks of Asterisk. Every setup is different.

Even after almost a decade of working on Asterisk I still have to refer to the manual for syntax on options I don’t use often. It’s a matter of trial and error.