Custom feature code not executing

Please see this post for reference and further information:

I managed to successfully implement the above solution on an OSS FreePBX 13 instance with Asterisk 13. I now have a customer running FreePBX 2.11 and Asterisk 11.25.3 in a production environment who would like the same functionality.

I had a look and confirmed that all of the dialplan and applications that I used are supported by Asterisk 11. I can confirm that the feature is loaded into Asterisk:

*CLI> features show
Builtin Feature           Default Current
---------------           ------- -------
Pickup                    *8      *8
Blind Transfer            #       ##
Attended Transfer                 *2 
One Touch Monitor
Disconnect Call           *       ** 
Park Call
One Touch MixMonitor

Dynamic Feature           Default Current
---------------           ------- -------
externaltransfer          no def  *300
apprecord                 no def  *1

However, when I dial the feature code (*300) it doesn’t seem to execute my application. I only see the following in the CLI:

--  Feature Found: externaltransfer exten: externaltransfer

The application I am executing is as follows:

externaltransfer => *300,peer,ChannelRedirect(${CHANNEL},ext-transfer,1,1)

Is there a difference I am missing between Asterisk 11 and 13?

For that feature to work, you must have a context ext-transfer which is not created by default. Did you create it in extenions_custom.conf? If i was doing this, I would probably have used from-internal.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks, I did create the new context in extensions_custom.conf.

I followed your suggestion and tried using from-internal instead, but I’m getting the same response:

--  Feature Found: externaltransfer exten: externaltransfer

Is there any way to get more verbose output than that so that I can troubleshoot further? Would Asterisk console debug logging work?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.