CronManager Error

This is the second time in 3 days that I received this error:

The following commands failed with the listed error
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline > /dev/null 2>&1 (255)

I deleted it the 1st time since I read that it may have been an intermittent connection error but now that it happened again I figured I would ask here. Is there something I should do for this error?

Have you checked online in the gui recently or run the command yourself to let us know what the error is

I check the GUI just about everyday and it always works and seems fine. In fact even today I checked the Admin Module and ran the XMPP update with no problems at all. I then checked the System Admin Updates function and it says the system is up top date with no obvious errors. I not sure how to run the command myself through CLI but I am going to clear the error in the system status and see if it comes back again.

The command is thus:

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline

Sorry for the delayed response.

I ran the command and it ran with no errors and showed a complete match for what I see on the GUI. After clearing the error last time it hasnā€™t come back and right now the GUI and the CLI show everything is up to date and seemingly fine.

Just got this error again after updating:
broadcast 2.11.8 (current: 2.11.7.1)
restapps 12.0.24 (current: 12.0.22)
userman 12.0.25 (current: 12.0.24)

Ran the CLI command /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline and got the following:

[root@pbx-optn ~]# /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline
no repos specified, using: [commercial,standard,extended] from last GUI settings

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ā€˜Exceptionā€™ with message ā€˜Unable to start GPGā€™ in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:353
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php(456): GPG->runGPG(ā€™ā€“keyserver pooā€¦ā€™)
#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php(2848): GPG->refreshKeys()
#2 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(573): module_functions->getAllSignatures(false)
#3 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(860): showList(true)
#4 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 353

Hmmm getting this again on one of my serversā€¦ its always the same server that gives me this error at times.

The following commands failed with the listed error
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline > /dev/null 2>&1 (255)

Why donā€™t you run the command manually like I said previously and see what it says to you

I actually did Andrew and it came back fine again, which it seems to always do. Do you think its just a brief connection error to the list? Just seems odd to me that this is the only box that it ever happens on but once again I deleted the error and it hasnā€™t returned yet.

Yes thats all I think it is.

OK Thanks we will keep an eye on it and were changing this PBX to a new install at another network location so it will be interesting to see what happens

I keep getting the same error when applying the configuration. I tested on command line and received the same error:

# /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline
no repos specified, using: [standard,extended,commercial] from last GUI settings

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to start GPG' in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:353
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php(456): GPG->runGPG('--keyserver poo...')
#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php(2863): GPG->refreshKeys()
#2 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(570): module_functions->getAllSignatures(false)
#3 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(857): showList(true)
#4 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 353

any clues?

You need to install GPG.

I have the same error in my web console, but when running this command in terminal - the only error I get is:

Unable to open /dev/dahdi/ctl: No such file or directory

I also see this error a lot when upgradingā€¦ it does not seem to effect the phone system from functioning properly.

Iā€™m having the same error shown in my Dashboard. Using FreePBX 13.0.195.18

I checked that GPG is installed as you can see in the commands and output below. Any idea/help?

[root ~]# yum install gpg
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
base | 2.0 kB 00:00
extras | 1.3 kB 00:00
pbx | 2.9 kB 00:00
schmooze-commercial | 2.9 kB 00:00
updates | 1.3 kB 00:00
Package gnupg2-2.0.14-8.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

[root ~]# /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline
no repos specified, using: [commercial,standard,extended] from last GUI settings

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Comments starting with ā€˜#ā€™ are deprecated in Unknown on line 23 in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 613
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() :0
  3. parse_ini_string() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  4. FreePBX\GPG->checkSig() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:174
  5. FreePBX\GPG->verifyModule() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3266
  6. module_functions->updateSignature() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3172
  7. module_functions->getAllSignatures() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:571
  8. showList() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:862

Getting exactly the same error on FreePBX 14.0.4.5:

[root@freepbx ~]# /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline
no repos specified, using: [standard,commercial] from last GUI settings

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in Unknown on line 23 in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 624
Stack trace:
  1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:624
  2. parse_ini_string() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:624
  3. FreePBX\GPG->checkSig() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:174
  4. FreePBX\GPG->verifyModule() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3263
  5. module_functions->updateSignature() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3169
  6. module_functions->getAllSignatures() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:567
  7. showList() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:858
[root@freepbx ~]#

Running fwconsole ma listonline gives a similar result:

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole ma listonline
No repos specified, using: [standard,commercial] from last GUI settings

In GPG.class.php line 624:

Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in Unknown on line 23

ma [-f|--force] [-d|--debug] [--edge] [--stable] [--color] [--skipchown] [-e|--autoenable] [--skipdisabled] [--snapshot SNAPSHOT] [--format FORMAT] [-R|--repo REPO] [-t|--tag TAG] [--onlystdout] [--willupdate] [--securityonly] [--sendemails] [--] [<args>]...

[root@freepbx ~]#
cd /var/www/html/admin/modules
find -name "module.sig" | xargs grep -i '^#'

@nmartine @chaser Post the results.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not the same error at all @PitzKey provided a command that will help you fix it

No results from the 2 commands:

[root ~]# cd /var/www/html/admin/modules
[root modules]# find -name ā€œmodule.sigā€ | xargs grep -i ā€˜^#ā€™
[root modules]#

The error is because you have a module.sig in your modules folder with a # symbol as a starting line. We havenā€™t supported that since version 12. Youā€™ll need to manually find a file like that and fix it.