CronManager Error

Thanks Andrew. Don’t the command suggested by @PitzKey do that? I will go and manually search all modules.

We haven’t modified any of those “module.sig” files. Seems caused by a module update as this error is appearing in several of our PBXs.

Seeing a similar error on my FreePBX 13.0.195.17 servers. It seems that the machines that were upgraded from FreePBX 12 to 13 are the ones that are affected. nmartine any luck at finding the module.sig file in trouble? I have one that I updated from 12 to 13 to 14 that has the same issue. I did see the issue come up after the last round of updates.

[[email protected] ~]# /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline
no repos specified, using: [standard,extended,commercial,unsupported] from last GUI settings

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Comments starting with ‘#’ are deprecated in Unknown on line 23 in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 613
Stack trace:

  1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() :0
  3. parse_ini_string() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:613
  4. FreePBX\GPG->checkSig() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:174
  5. FreePBX\GPG->verifyModule() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3266
  6. module_functions->updateSignature() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:3172
  7. module_functions->getAllSignatures() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:571
  8. showList() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin:862

You probably have a module in your system that is not longer supported (more than two years old)

ok I found it. On my PBX it was this one:

$ find -name “module.sig” | xargs grep -i ‘^#’
./bulkextensions/module.sig:# End

So I just added ; in front of # End and it fixed the issue. Thanks!

@nmartine you need to type the command by hand or replace quotes - if you copy/paste the command from here, it will not find anything. Mine also was not showing anything until I put the proper quotes

1 Like

Is this the problem?

Bulk DIDs 2.11.1.4
Bulk Extensions 2.11.0.7

Can I just remove the modules?

Awesome catch @jazzerman!!!

The quotes have been ‘mac-tisized’ as i like to call it. Meaning the double and single quotes are actually UTF8 not ASCII.

Fixed below. I also went and fixed the original post

find -name "module.sig" | xargs grep -i '^#'
1 Like

You can remove them. I have also fixed them online.

1 Like

Thanks

Thanks for fixing it.
I know that semicolons are always at fault, never knew that quotes can cause trouble as well…

@jazzerman good eyes man!

1 Like

Fantastic! Thanks @tm1000 and @PitzKey!

I found the problem in:
./bulkextensions/module.sig:# End

I edited the file and included a semicolon changing the original line from:

#End
to
;# End

If the error appears I’ll let you know, but for now it went away!

Thanks again

Bulk DID and Bulk Extensions were EOL in version 12. 13 and newer use the new bulk handler so you should remove those modukes from your system.

@tonyclewis we don’t have neither of those modules active in our systems anymore. Should I just remove the modules subdirectories within /var/www/html/admin/modules ?

You have to uninstall and remove them. Making them inactive is not enough.

Thanks guys! Bulk DID and Bulk Extensions were removed. All good here.

P.S. Yeah, those non-standard quotes got me stumbled for a little bit. I knew it wasn’t supposed to be a blank result after the command. Glad we all figured it out.

Sorry for the late reply.

@PitzKey Running

find -name "module.sig" | xargs grep -i '^#'

gave the following on my system:

[[email protected] ~]# cd /var/www/html/admin/modules
[[email protected] modules]# find -name "module.sig" | xargs grep -i '^#'
./bulkextensions/module.sig:# End

So following the advice of @tm1000 I have both uninstalled and removed the two modules (Bulk DIDs 2.11.1.4 & Bulk Extensions 2.11.0.7) from my system. Hopefully that will have fixed it.

Thanks all for the quick response.

Found the # in Directory Pro and IVR Pro modules. Uninstalled since we don’t use either but wanted to put it here just in case somebody wanted to know.

Just reminded of this issue again today. Since this thread comes up early in Google know that you can get the problem modules by repeatedly running the following:

fwconsole ma refreshsignatures

delete the module and rerun the above until it completes successfully.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.