Changed FreePBX and now previously registered extensions shows state Suscription failed

Hi, I have this strange scenario and I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of it.

My company had a FreePBX hosted in an AWS instance, let’s call this (Old-PBX). Then, I have created a new PBX instance with a working CDR report system, let’s call this (New-PBX). I created this new instance because previously the Old-PBX didn’t have the CDR report working at all. Note that I have attached the Public IP Address from the previous Old-PBX to the New-PBX. Everything works fine, trunks are established and extensions are registered successfully with the New-PBX instance.

Note: I have used the same extension numbers and same passwords for all the extensions so that I wouldn’t have to go one by one and re-register every extension with our New-PBX. And, Indeed all previously registered extensions with the Old-PBX did register with the New-PBX, no changes were needed.

Now, I have a concurrent issue. Although everything works with the New-PBX, I started getting this errors in the Asterisk Logs:

Endpoint '7XX2' state subscription failed: Extension '7XX1' does not exist in context 'from-internal
' or has no associated hint

When the phones started getting registered with the New-PBX, the BLF lights started not working at all. You could call extensions, receive calls and everything but the presence wasn’t working.

After a lot of digging, I decided to create a new extension number that hadn’t been registered on any phone before. Lo and behold, the BLF started working for that specific extension. When I switched back to an old extension number, all BLFs stopped working again.

Does anyone know why BLF and subscription presence are working only on the newly created extension number? It seems that all the BLF light statuses are not working with all the phones that were previously registered with the Old PBX, even thought the public IP Address is literally the same as well as the password.

I need help :(!

7XX2 != 7XX1, check your configs for typos.

Hi Dicko, Sorry I have little experience with digging into the config files. Could you please guide me through where I can check this?

Not so much understanding, just check your work (BLF’s) for typos. As you where informed, 7XX2 can’t subscribe to 7XX1

So here is the strange part. Let’s say I have extension 7101, this extension was registered on the previous old PBX as well. I have a phone registered with extension 7101 and it had a BLF pointing to 7102. BLF is not showing the presence “green light”. I dial 7102 from the 7101 phone, it works.

Now, let’s create a new extension: 7103, and let’s register this extension in the phone that had 70101. BLF config doesn’t change and keeps pointing to 7102. Once the 7103 phone is registered, BLF lights up! It shows “green light”.

Then I switch back and register the previous extension 7101 and BLF stopped showing presence.

I am so confused, there are no typos at all :confused:

You can most easily check your dynamic SUBSCRIBE’s and NOTIFY’s with sngrep in almost realtime

Hi Dicko, So I would need to install sngrep on my Linux host server, and then figure out how to use it so I can see the SUBSCRIBE’S and NOTIFY’S. What sort of information can I find using this tool?

You will probably find it already installed. From a shell

man sngrep

I was able to install it as I didn’t have it installed in my shell,

I run it and I can see some subscribe messages and if a get inside one of these messages I get something like this:

│SUBSCRIBE sip:[email protected]:5060 SIP/2.0

││From: “Test-Phone” sip:[email protected]:5060;tag=16274??414
││To: sip:[email protected]:5060
││Allow: INVITE,INFO,PRACK,ACK,BYE,CANCEL,OPTIONS,NOTIFY,REGISTER,SUBSCRIBE,REFER,PUBLISH,UP
││ Accept: application/dialog-info+xml
││Max-Forwards: 70
│││User-Agent: Yealink SIP-T46S
│││Expires: 1800
│││Event: dialog
│││Content-Length: 0

And in the left hand-side it shows:

---------> SUBSCRIBE
<--------- 401 Unauthorized
---------> SUBSCRIBE
<--------- 404 Not Found

No idea why it shows this 401 and 404 errors?

From an Asterisk CLI

core show hints

-= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-
*8575@park-hints    : park:75@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*8574@park-hints    : park:74@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*8577@park-hints    : park:77@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*8576@park-hints    : park:76@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*8571@park-hints    : park:71@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*8573@park-hints    : park:73@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*8572@park-hints    : park:72@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*8578@park-hints    : park:78@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
_*45*X.@ext-queues  : ${DB(AMPUSER/${EXTEN  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
_*46*X.@ext-queues  : ${DB(AMPUSER/${EXTEN  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
7101@ext-local     : PJSIP/7101&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:                Watchers  4
70122@ext-local     : PJSIP/70122&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:                Watchers  3
*272@timeconditions-: Custom:TC2            State:InUse           Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*271@timeconditions-: Custom:TC1            State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
_*45XXXXX*XXXXX@ext-: Custom:QUEUE${EXTEN:  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
7102@ext-local     : PJSIP/7102&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:                Watchers  7
72@park-hints       : park:72@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
73@park-hints       : park:73@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
_*46*XXXXX*70100@ext: Queue:70100_pause_Lo  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
70@park-hints       : park:71@parkedcalls&  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
71@park-hints       : park:71@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
76@park-hints       : park:76@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
77@park-hints       : park:77@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
74@park-hints       : park:74@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
75@park-hints       : park:75@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
78@park-hints       : park:78@parkedcalls   State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
70222@ext-local     : PJSIP/70222&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
70221@ext-local     : PJSIP/70221&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
7013@ext-local      : &Custom:DND7013,Cust  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
7012@ext-local      : &Custom:DND7012,Cust  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
7011@ext-local      : &Custom:DND7011,Cust  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
7010@ext-local      : &Custom:DND7010,Cust  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  1
_*46*XXXXX*70114@ext: Queue:70114_pause_Lo  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
_*46*XXXXX*70111@ext: Queue:70111_pause_Lo  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
_*46*XXXXX*70110@ext: Queue:70110_pause_Lo  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
_*46*XXXXX*70113@ext: Queue:70113_pause_Lo  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
_*46*XXXXX*70112@ext: Queue:70112_pause_Lo  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
70171@ext-local     : PJSIP/70171&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:                Watchers  3
70172@ext-local     : PJSIP/70172&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  3
70241@ext-local     : PJSIP/70241&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  5
70242@ext-local     : PJSIP/70242&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  5
70144@ext-local     : PJSIP/70144&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  5
70143@ext-local     : PJSIP/70143&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  5
70142@ext-local     : PJSIP/70142&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  5
70141@ext-local     : PJSIP/70141&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:                Watchers  5
70151@ext-local     : PJSIP/70151&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:                Watchers  3
_*96X.@ext-cf-hints : Custom:DEVCF${EXTEN:  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
70251@ext-local     : PJSIP/70251&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  2
_*76X.@ext-dnd-hints: Custom:DEVDND${EXTEN  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
70252@ext-local     : PJSIP/70252&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  2
70183@ext-local     : PJSIP/70183&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  1
70182@ext-local     : PJSIP/70182&Custom:D  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
70181@ext-local     : PJSIP/70181&Custom:D  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  2
_*80X.@ext-local    : ${DB(AMPUSER/${EXTEN  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
*281@app-daynight-to: Custom:DAYNIGHT1      State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
*282@app-daynight-to: Custom:DAYNIGHT2      State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
_*21X!@ext-findmefol: Custom:FOLLOWME${EXT  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
_*98X.@app-dialvm   : MWI:${EXTEN:3}@${DB(  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
----------------
- 58 hints registered

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.