CEL is a database hog with busy queues

On a PBXact system with busy queues, mysql is driving up the system load significantly.

From what I can tell, this is primarily due to CEL records being written.

Long ago, a wise engineer and team lead said:

But it is 2023 and performance with CEL is still suffering. On PBXact 16, what is lost by disabling CEL other than CEL Reports?

So in a high volume system cel to MySQL is a steaming :poop:

Not sure what all will break but the scientific method of FAAFO may be the best bet. Worst case you’re going to break some reporting or statistic data.

Realistically though, in a high volume system that should go through some sort of event queue and then potentially be written over as a single transaction or overtime.

Thanks, glad to know I’m not alone in seeing this. We’ll see whether anything breaks. Looks fine at first glance. And this took the system load average from 15-ish to 3… much healthier.

I disabled it on some systems long ago. It seems like the disable toggle is broken in advanced settings, you have to do it by modifying the conf files.

I agree with James, there was a discussion today on the Asterisk forums about high call volumes and CDR, Josh suggested looking into the CDR batch mode. I enabled it today on one system.

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-24075

edit - @billsimon resolved now in cel module version 16.0.14

2 Likes

We discussed the idea of providing support for cdr batch mode in fpbx last night on the Open Source Lounge. I’ve opened a ticket here to explore this further
https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-24076

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

New fields in Advanced settings with cdr module ver. 16.0.33

For those not familiar with the feature, when enabled, asterisk doesn’t write cdr records in real time, instead is caches them and writes in batches.

edit - found a bug. If the file /etc/asterisk/cdr.conf already exists, the content is lost when the symlink is created. Updating FREEPBX-24076

4 Likes

Good add.

1 Like

Thankful for this post because we have one box with 76 queues and need to figure out something :slight_smile: Besides fewer queues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.