Can't make outgoing calls

Definitely the first, but your logs will tell the tail on the rest.

Your outbound is failing for some reason - the /var/log/asterisk/full log will tell you why. It could be a password, it could be something else. We know there are a couple of things that might be from the outset:

For this type of connection, type should probably be “friend” - this sets up both inbound and outbound connections. Qualify has new options, and “no” and “yes” both at the same time sounds like a recipe for disaster. From what we can see of the rest of your connection, nat=no might be wrong. Without knowing how your Ethernet connections are attached, it’s not possible to say for sure. This also allows you to get rid of the “User” portion of your trunk definition (since they share all the same definition).

insecure=invite is deprecated (I think, I might be remembering that backwards). You might want to research this setting to see if there’s a more appropriate setting that you should be using.

Pick one. Ulaw if you’re in “'Murica” and Alaw if you’re “Anywhere” else. Once you get the connection working, you can screw around with other codecs.

Those are some obvious suggestions. Another is to check the Initech and see if they can see what’s going wrong. It could be something on their end that’s jamming you up that they can spot in an instant and tell you about.

1 Like

Thanks man, this will definitely get me moving int he right direction I really appreciate you taking the time!