Call loops

We have a situation where a user does not dial the extension of a department but dials the phone number.
The call therefore goes to our voip provider and loops back.
Is there anyway to have the dialed DID be local if called internally.

jason

Hi!

You want to setup a loopback trunk (and the appropriate routes)…

See

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Can I have the loopback trunk route to a ring group or IVR?

Essentially, when you do a loopback trunk, you have it route to the same place incoming calls go to but without actually leaving your box…

I wish I could post something but I don’t have access to my box right now…

Another thing you could do (instead of a loopback trunk) is this:

I have never done this but if Lorne says this will work I trust him on this…

Personally I prefer the loopback trunk, it’s easier to see what happens and where…

Nick

what about leaving the trunk sequence blank and just set normal congestion on the outbound route with the DID dial pattern.

If I understand what you said correctly you want calls to the your numbers from the inside to fail…

Why?

It’s quite easy to make them work from the inside and it can actually help you test those numbers out…

Have a nice day!

Nick

Sorry. In the outbound routes set the dial pattern to the number that is called, and leave the trunk sequence for matched routes blank, and set the normal congestion to the desired destination.

Hi!

I think I understand what you are trying to do… I don’t know if it would work though and I would highly suggest you do a loopback trunk instead…

Essentially you need to do two things:

• A loopback trunk…
  • A loopback route…

For the loopback trunk, see this:

For the loopback route well do as you just suggested with the following deifferences… Don’t set the normal congestion and put the loopback trunk (and the loopback trunk only) in the list of trunks for that outbound route…

If you have many other phone numbers you can add them as well…

Nick