Blacklist question

I have a question regarding the blacklist app/module.

If you add a number to the blacklist from the phone by using *32 the app module via the web interface will show the numbers that are in the blacklist. The problem that I have is that there are no other details.

Is it possible to have the *32 command add some information to the blacklist comments field? I would like to have a timestamp and the extension that added the blacklist number.

I am running FreePBX 13.0.197.7 on a PBXact 40 appliance.

Thanks!

Dirkus

Yes, you can have anything you want in the “value” of that family/key, it’s mere existence will flag it as blacklisted. But that will fall under the header of “custom dialplan” look into using overrides for the app-blacklist-* ‘contexts’ if you cant make the “app-blacklist*-custom.conf”'s don’t work for you.

1 Like

Look at this post for an idea of what you can do.

For my personal test number, I took that and when it adds to the blacklist, I set the value as timestamp and Caller ID Name.

; what do you want to do with calls that fail?
exten => s,n(finish),Set(DB(blacklist/${CALLERID(number)})=${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S)} - ${CALLERID(name)})
exten => s,n,Noop(Caller failed to enter the digits 3 times with [bender-blocker]. Blacklisting ${CALLERID(number)} / ${CALLERID(name)})
exten => s,n,hangup

That code results in this. Note, the one with the arrow, a person was at the phone and actually entered the numbers so I manually put that line in the blacklist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.