Blacklist does not block caller number in Asterisk 11

I originally posted my here described challenge under the “Get blacklist module working with Asterisk 11.23 under Debian Wheezy” article, however seem not to move much further here.

I have Asterisk 11.23.0 and FreePBX 2.11.0.38 applications running together fine and recently went ahead to install the “Blacklist” module (Version 2.11.0.6), which seems to have installed fine, since I’m getting now the “Blacklist” menu under the “Admin” tab.

This said, I do not see the blacklist module working at all after reloading the Asterisk application and following the “FreePBX Guide: Blacklist a caller” instructions .

I’ve put my own mobile phone number in the blacklist for test purposes, called myself on the VoIP number and am getting through, and my phone extension subscribed to Asterisk rings :astonished:

Checking the Asterisk DB with the command “database show blistname”, it shows me zero results, albeit in the GUI the mobile phone number is well listed.

Checking the configuration file “/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf”, I do find a “[app-blacklist-check]” section.

Does anybody know what I might have missed here?

Solved the problem:

In file “/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf”, under section “[ext-did-0001]” the following 3rd line was missing:

exten => s,n,Gosub(app-blacklist-check,s,1())​

Thus, I recreated the same named context in file “/etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf” with inclusion of above line, reloaded the Asterisk server and after an incoming call, the subroutine is being called, and the routine properly handles the blacklist entries stored :slight_smile:

The correct query commend to check the blacklist entries in Asterisk is “database show blacklist”.