Asterisk1 up and running but not linking up to VOIP phone system

Folks

I have green lights on all key stats on the panel window and have created a new extension to link up to my voip linksys 821 phone but for some reason the phone is not giving me a dial tone when I enter the details of the pbx system. I have an IP address and my router can see the pbx and I can log into the panel from my pc but for some reason the pbx is not giving my phone a dial tone. I had this working previously would appreciate any support at all. Regards Paul

I just checked my blueface call history and made some calls from the softfone and the deskfone and I am being charged for the calls the issue is I cannot hear anyone on the calls.

Thank you for your support and direction

From the phone - dial *65 and it will play back your extension. YES THE PHONE RECOGNISES MY EXTENSION AS 202.

From the command line: type sip show peers and see if your phone is registered to the PBX.
THE “SIP SHOW PEERS” COMMAND IS NOT RECOGNISED AS A COMMAND IN THE PBX SERVER SYSTEM. HOWEVER I LOOKED WITHIN THE LINKSYS VOIP PHONE ON THE PC USING THE IP ADDRESS AND THE PHONE IS LISTED AS BEING REGISTERED.

From the PC: use a soft client and with the same user details, see if the softclient can log into the PBX. THE SOFTFONE IS CONNECTING HOWEVER I CANNOT HEAR VOICES ON EITHER END WHEN I CONNECT WITH A PHONE CALL

Even though you are not getting dial tone, can you make calls out ? Can you receive calls in ?

I AM GETTING A DIAL TONE AND CAN MAKE CALLS OUT AND RECEIVE IN THE ISSUE IS I CANNOT HEAR ANYONE ONCE I CONNECT TO THE CALL.

FYI, dial tone is not needed for successful operation of the phone system, it is simply a ‘comfort’ feature added to reassure people that that the phone is operational.

This is the definitive guide for Zaptel configuration take a look at the pri_net line type.

Try these tests…

From the phone - dial *65 and it will play back your extension.

From the command line: type sip show peers and see if your phone is registered to the PBX.

From the PC: use a soft client and with the same user details, see if the softclient can log into the PBX.

Even though you are not getting dial tone, can you make calls out ? Can you receive calls in ?

FYI, dial tone is not needed for successful operation of the phone system, it is simply a ‘comfort’ feature added to reassure people that that the phone is operational.