Asterisk not load when exists more than 2200 extensions

Hello!

I have a server using FreePBX … When I use the system with more than 2200 extensions, the system works fine, but when I reboot the server, a message is printed on the console: Asterisk not currently running. The system is re-established using the fwconsole restart command. Has anyone had this problem or know how to solve it?

Thank you!

When you dip below 2200, does Asterisk auto-start (how do you know the issue is tied to agent count?)? Do you see anything in the log files?

Hello! Thanks for the answer.

The number 2200 is an approximate value. When I use up to 2000 extensions, the system auto-start works fine. There is nothing related to this in the log files. I was thinking that the problem was in php.ini configuration memory size, but this increase does’t change anything. Have you used any system with more than 2000 extensions?

That’s a shame. I was thinking the Linux OS logs might have been able to tell you something about why that particular job was not executing correctly. I do not have a 2,000+ installation, but have been very curious about this as its answer will shape how we use FreePBX/Asterisk over the long-term.

I’ve found other posts before that seem to hint at 2,000 being the “limit”, even with decent server specs.

I’ve changed the settings in the files of this link and set the start priority of the asterisk script to last but the problem persists. Another thing I found is:
When I try to access the asterisk the answer is: Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?). So, this file isn’t created during startup, only after fwconsole restart.
That’s the point.

The asterisk start is failing for some reason. There was a post in the last week or so that talked about having a similar problem with MariaDB starting slowly. If your database isn’t starting in time (30 sec IIRC), the start will fail, but the restart (since the database has since started) should work every time.

@cynjut, In fact. When I start the server and use the asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvv command, It’s possible to see that the asterisk is loading (with extensions and other properties), but after some time asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvv is not working more and the message is returned: Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?) . I’ll see about MariaDB. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.