Recommended maximum number of extensions

Philippe,

Just an update on my investigations.

I have tested with 1500 extensions and the FreePBX application time is about 55 seconds - which is just about bearable.

However, after the FreePBX configuration has been applied, I notice op_server.pl is also taking up 100% CPU - and takes about 15 seconds to execute. I believe this script is related to FOP and is executed to generate the FOP configuration file?

Since we looking to use Trixbox/FreePBX for large number of accounts then this FOP is not really of any use. Thus, I have disabled it in the /etc/amportal.conf configuration. However, I noticed that FOP is still accessible from the FreePBX interface. I assume FOP is then just using the existing (non-updated) configuration file?

How can FOP be disabled completely from the interface? I believe it is not yet implemented as a module within FreePBX?

Disabling FOP does not reduce the time FreePBX applies it configuration and returns the web interface to be used again. The op_server.pl script is executed afterwards.

Is there any way to improve the performance of FreePBX when generates the Asterisk config files?

Regards,

Mon