After updating users in User Manager Apply Config times out with error

I made some changes to users under User Manager (Changed usernames, Added First Name Last Name, added email addresses) and when I click Apply Config I get the following error…

Reload Failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error : 139

I am updated to the latest FreePBX and modules (Edge)

Hi!

The error message you get has additional information which we need in order to help you…

Could you post a screen capture or something? Don’t forget to blank out any info which might be sensitive…

Have a nice day!

Nick

1 Like

Sure thing…

Not sure if this is helpful but here’s the tail from Apache error log

[Wed Jan 25 10:54:05 2017] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Jan 25 10:55:05 2017] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Wed Jan 25 10:55:05 2017] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Wed Jan 25 10:55:05 2017] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Jan 25 10:55:07 2017] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.3.28 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips configured -- resuming normal operations
sh: line 1:  4581 Segmentation fault      /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf 2>&1

Php is segmentation faulting. Those errors are pretty hard to track down.

Thanks for the reply. I’m going to restore a backup and try again clicking apply config after each change instead of after all the changes. Just an FYI everything else is running fine. I edited about 15 users in User Manager before I clicked Submit and Apply Config (Added Email Addresses, Added First name and Last Name, Changed username from extension number to usernames and deleted a few users).

I think it may have something to do with deleting users from User Manager. After a restore I deleted 2 users by clicking the Trash Icon for the user under the User Manager main page. The users did not appear to delete until I refreshed the page. Also neither Submit or Apply Config comes up. However if I do anything in the GUI afterward that requires an Apply Config it times out with the Error 139 which i assume is the PHP segfault?

Also Checking off the users and clicking the Delete Tab has no response.

Sorry for the multiple edits. My brain mixes things up sometimes :smile:

Unable to replicate but again. PHP Segmentation Fault errors are very difficult to track down. There’s no traceback. Sorry.

PS: Deleting users does not bring up Apply Config. This is intended.

I was able to replicate another issue that may be related. Are you on edge?

OK thanks. I’m going to try to roll back some modules to see if it makes any difference. As of now if I delete a user from User Manger I’m dead in the water unless I restore from a backup.

Yes all modules are on latest Edge.

Are you using edge modules?

Yeah theres a recursive function loop issue in contact manager. Probably shouldn’t be using edge in production unless you need an edge case module.

Ok thanks for the quick response. Not production. I always try and test first :slight_smile: I’ll just roll back and wait for the update.

This issue is probably (99% sure) the same issue. @jfinstrom pointed out that xdebug for php has a max nesting level for recursive function loops. Mine was set to 100. Therefore I was able to see the error before php segmentation faulted. So probably same issue just without the segmentation fault so I assumed originally it was unrelated.

1 Like

contactmanager v13.0.41.14

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-14021