After doing OS updates through FreePBX systems fails to boot can boot by selecting older OS version

I have a Sangoma 60 Freepbx unit that was bought in February of 2018. It has been keep updated with all module updates and OS updates. It is running Asterisk version 13.19.1 on Sangoma Linux 3.10.0-693.21.1.e17.x86_64. Recently I ran the OS updates (through FreePBX as I always do) and about 425 updates can down (meaning a new version must of downloaded). No errors occurred and it did not tell me to reboot, but in my infinite stupidity I decided it might be a good idea to reboot after such a large update. Well the system would not boot so I attached a monitor to the system and saw that indeed a new OS was now the default boot that OS is Sangoma Linux 3.10.0-862.2.3.e17.x86_64. In order to get the system back up I selected the old OS in grub and booted that and everything works. So my question is how do I fix the new OS so it will boot in the Sangoma appliance. Is anyone else having this issue? The system hangs with the new OS giving the message “Probing Edd=off To Disable”…

Thanks

Hi,

you 've to edit the grub text during boot and select the oldest kernerl somehow it didnt update all the kernel modules for the new kernel.

Then try to run yum update again.

Hi,

Running the update in the CLI shows that there are no packages needing update or upgrade… I manually selected the last good kernel during boot, I have not modified grub2 yet. Any idea what would cause the new kernel to lockup and display “Probing Edd=off To Disable” when booting?

Thanks

Looks like that could be your issue as well:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.