'Admin PIN' only validates if 'User Pin' is set

Hi,

I’m struggling wiith a very strange issue with conferance rooms, the problem is with my conferance room ‘Admin Pin’ which if I entered incorrect, I don’t get any error message like ‘incorrect pin entered’ etc rather it took me entered into some user type room giving some message like “The Conferance would begin when the leader arrives”.

Then I did a small change by also setting up “User Pin” for the same user conferance room setting and it surprised me that after I set this, the “Admin Pin” started getting validated and now if I entered wrong admin pin, it throws an error message “Incorrect Pin entered”. But this add another issue which is that now user also has to validate their user pin also and now they no more entered into a conferance as user by just pressing the # key.

I’m using the build ‘FreePBX 13.0.151’ whichj I deployed through ISO.
I also tried "FreePBX 12.0.76.4 ISO and are facing the same issue.

Please help me providing some solution on this as this is really hampering me a lot.

Pankaj

This would be how asterisk conf application works. If you out in invalid pin and have no user pin it assumes your a user. Since you have no user pin.

Thanks Tony for quick reply.
Well this is a problem as the possibility of entering incorrect password is always there and it also leads to a confusion to the admin that why the room is empty.

On the other hand I would also like to share that this is a new server which I’m preparing on the latest version but in our existing setup which is running on version 2.11.0.38, this is the same configuration and running the way we want. Incorrect Admin password gives error message without being setup the user pin.

Please suggest if somehow I can achieve this on my new setup also as my people are quite habitual of using it this way and we need to update this to the latest version.

Pankaj

Hi Tony,

Waiting for your update on this, your help is needed in providing some solution for this as this is really hampering me a lot.

Regards
Pankaj

Hi,

Can anyone from FreePbx team help me here…??

Regards
Pankaj

Suggest looking into asterisk as all that behavior form a glance is hard coded in the C code of app conference of asterisk.

Hi Tony,

I coundn’t understood, can you please elaborate this in details ??

Pankaj

Hi Tony,

I’m a newbie and don’t understand the complete technicalties of the application, if possible please share with me the the some solution in details.

Also can you please redirect me to the sales team as I’m also interested to buy the annual support for the product.

Your early reply would be highly appricated.

Regards
Pankaj

I am.tryimf to tell you it’s not a FreePBX issue but a Asterisk issue as all that logic is inside asterisk not FreePBX.

The logic is pretty straightforward - if there is no PIN on the conference, there’s no PIN on the conference. Without the user PIN, there is no way to get the “no PIN required” part to clear if you’re asking for the Admin PIN. From a user perspective, it would be annoying as hell to be told “When the system asks for the Admin PIN, just keep putting in numbers until you get in, since no PIN is required.”

OK, so let’s get the newbiest of the stuff taken care of.

First, let’s make sure you understand that FreePBX is a “management” product that allows you to control and expand Asterisk-based telephony servers to operate. While FreePBX is tightly coupled to Asterisk, it could (theoretically) be changed to work with other telephony platforms.

Asterisk is a separate piece that gets installed; once it’s in place, we can install FreePBX.

After that, the important thing to know is that the feature you are requesting is a hard-coded behavior from Asterisk (which we use, but don’t control). There’s nothing that we can do to change that short of taking control of the Asterisk source code - and before you ask: “NO!” is the answer to “why don’t we…”.

So, while the community is more than happy to help you with the things we can, this is one of those things that are just outside of our control.