Add onto from-internal-xfer with extensions_custom

I want to add something like this to extensions_custom.conf to add on to ‘from-internal-xfer’ :

[from-internal-custom]
exten => _.,1,Noop(Entering user defined context in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => _.,n,Verbose(0,what_cid: ${CALLERID(num)})
;  add whatever other lines you need
exten => _.,n,DumpChan()

my question is, what should I put at the end ? ‘goto’ , ‘end’, ‘macroexit’ ?

I don’t want to break or overwrite from-internal-xfer, just add to it

You can’t use exten _. in context from-internal-custom without causing serious problems. What you need to do is identify a dialplan hook for your use case and use that Hooking for fun and income

very similar to many other people ( when you reference the ‘hooking for fun’ ) - I have read through that, but for some reason it’s not as easy for me to grasp as the extensions_custom - and I’m sure it’s just misunderstanding verbiage used - or the fact that I’m not a programmer.

as for my use case, I’m looking to associate inbound callerid AND the extension that transferred the call with the destination / ringing extension.

Here’s a framework you can try.

globals_custom.conf:

TRANSFER_CONTEXT=kdhismgr-xfer

extensions_custom.conf:

[kdhismgr-xfer]
exten => _.,1,Noop(Entering user defined context kdhismgr-xfer in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => _.,n,DumpChan
; addn'l lines as required
exten => _.,n,Goto(from-internal-xfer,${EXTEN},1)

Something way back in the dark corners of my brain thinks there may be a pitfall here, but I can’t remember what it is. Test it well.

1 Like

thanks for that.

I had seen where you posted:

and said

I’m very curious as to what that may be, as well as

I would judge the risk of setting your own transfer context to be very low, but it’s not something I have done very often and it’s possible you might run into edge cases where that context is not used. It will be much safer than setting a _. exten in extensions_custom.conf.

thanks for the reply. I’ll let you know if my pbx goes up in smoke… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.