411 Feature code not in list

Thank you very much for that. I looked at the release notes for v16 and I could find nothing about the feature being removed. I have now solved the problem (at least for the moment) by reverting to v15. I will make sure that I have your reply when I feel I need to upgrade to v16.

It’s a pity that the dial-by-name feature was removed; I find it very useful and, as far as I can tell, there is no equivalent in the Contacts system.

Thanks once again,

Bill.

It was replaced. It you follow the instructions I posted in my previous post, you will get to the dial-by-name directory.

I tried adding it on my test system, which also runs v15. I added it using 412 as the number. It worked well and created something identical to the existing 411 feature code. In v15 the destination “Directory” does not appear but “Phonebook Directory” does. I will, when I get some time, install v16 on the test system and try your suggestion on that.

Please forgive my ignorance but I assume that in V16 the dial-by-name feature is still present but using a different module which has to be enabled by the method you describe? Also, does “Directory” mean the contacts directory in v16?

Thank you for your patience.

Bill.

I made a fresh install of v16 on my test system. I then tried to add a new feature code as described by PitzKey. It created a new directory that could be accessed by the feature code but that directory can only hold, as far as I can see, internal extension numbers. I haven’t been able to import the old Asterisk Phonebook into this new directory.

I can import the old phonebook into contacts but I can’t see how to access contacts using dial by name.

What am I missing?

Bill.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.