Zulu is disabled, will not update

@comtech:

Can you confirm that pjsip is actually enabled, what’s the output of:

[root@34693894 ~]# asterisk -x "pjsip show version"
PJPROJECT version currently running against: 2.7.2
[root@zzz ~]# asterisk -x "pjsip show version"
No such command 'pjsip show version' (type 'core show help pjsip show' for other possible commands)

A clue! What is the output of:

grep pj /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
[root@zzz ~]# grep pj /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
noload = res_pjproject.so

Edit the file /etc/asterisk/modules.conf and remove that line, then restart asterisk fwconsole restart
Browse to Admin, Asterisk Modules and delete res_pjproject.so from the Excluded Modules tab. Then restart Asterisk.

edit: I’ve edited the wiki page with this check.

2 Likes

Worked!
•Navigate to Advanced Settings
•Change Display Readonly Settings to YES
•Change Override Readonly Settings to YES
•Search for Force WebSocket Mode and change it to PJSIP
•Search for Enable the Asterisk REST Interface and change it to YES
•Search for SIP Channel Driver and change it to BOTH if it’s not PJSIP or BOTH already
•Submit and apply config
•I also enabled ws and wss on the pjsip settings tab of Asterisk SIP settings
•Submit and apply config
•nano /etc/asterisk/modules.conf and remove noload = res_pjproject.so
•fwconsole reset
•fwconsole ma downloadinstall Zulu

Thanks @lgaetz, @GameGamer43 and @tm1000!

2 Likes

I can confirm that was also the issue here as well, I removed the noload line for pj and then I was able to update Zulu just fine.

1 Like

Sorry to hijack the thread but I am getting the same error on running fwconsole ma upgradeall:

Unable to install module zulu:

• Failed to run installation scripts

Howerver my pjsip module is enabled:

asterisk -x “pjsip show version”

PJPROJECT version currently running against: 2.7.1

And I don’t have a noload=res_pjproject.so line in my modules.conf.

I’ve also followed all the steps on the Zulu 3 Server install wiki and still getting stuck at this step.

I am running FreePBX 13.0.195.4 currently.

Any help is much appreciated.

There is a message before that. You should paste it so we can see it

Ok I am that guy and I was trying so hard not to be that guy.

WS and WSS was not enabled even though that was the first thing I did when starting to work on this installation (I did like 5 or 6 upgrades before this just fine).

After doing the WS and WSS thing I ran into the:

An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE zulu_tokens ADD PRIMARY KEY (websocket_session)':
SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '' for key 'PRIMARY'

I don’t know if troubleshooting that would have somehow reset those settings back to off.

I am sorry and I walk away with my head held low in shame.

fwconsole m
DELETE FROM zulu_tokens;

Related question.

Is there a way to enable these two things without doing it in the Web UI interface?

If we do it in the interface it’s requiring us to also provide it with External/Internal IP addresses and sometimes we set systems up for people before we have that informaiton. It would be nice to be able to enable this without the requirement for the IP addresses so that the machine can be fully updated before we install it on site for somebody.

No it requires asterisk to be restarted.

Hey, you did the thing I did and didn’t read the whole message! I had fixed that error but in the process somehow wasn’t sure if the settings were reset back to off for WS and WSS.

In any case, thank you so much for your help.

I did. The answer to the second part is yes, ws and wss will be enabled in pjsip as part of new installations. PJSIP is already enabled as part of new installations. So I dont think you’ll have to modify anything for new installs.

Thank you!

I just tried to upgrade Zulu from 13.0.54.31.2 to 13.0.54.31.3 on a FreePBX 40. Using the GUI the screen hung and had errors. I changed to the CLI and this is what I got:

fwconsole ma install zulu
Updating tables zulu_interactions_interaction_states, zulu_softphones, zulu_tokens, zulu_interactions_contacts, zulu_interactions_interactions, zulu_interactions_members, zulu_interactions_streams, zulu_interactions_stream_bodies, zulu_interactions_stream_links, zulu_login_tokens…Done
Installing/Updating Required Libraries. This may take a while…The following messages are ONLY FOR DEBUGGING. Ignore anything that says ‘WARN’ or is just a warning
PHP Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/Zulu.class.php on line 1017
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Using $this when not in object context in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/Zulu.class.php on line 1017
Stack trace:

1. () /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/Zulu.class.php:1017

I looked at the Zulu.class.php file, but it is obfuscated.

Dirkus

Known issue, should be resolved shortly. In the interim, roll back with:

fwconsole ma downloadinstall zulu --tag 13.0.54.31.2

Thanks. That brings Zulu back online for me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.