Zulu broadcast or chat to all

I responded to a really old post and realized I may not get an answer - so opening a new topic.

The post was a request for “broadcast” to all chat feature: https://community.freepbx.org/t/zulu-broadcast-chat-message/39806/2

I understood Tony’s rationale for saying that was unlikely to come. But he did mention something that was unclear to me and I was hoping someone could provide more detail.

Not at this time but what we recommend is having a everyone group and indie that group you can send a @all and they will get a notification of the new message.

My question: Can someone can elaborate a bit on Tony’s suggestion for the “everyone group” and “@all” ; and was “indie that group” a typo or does it mean something that’s eluding me.

Thanks!

Bump. Does anyone have any ideas at all on what the “@all” might refer to?

I don’t understand what he meant with “indie that group” but if you go to a channel and write “@all message” people who is in that chat will get a chat notification as if they were mentioned.

indie that group was a typo and should of read inside that group

Thank you Tony and Angel! It all makes sense now and works well, once we got the room bell set to loud.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.