Zulu Android Mobile App One Way Audio

I’m testing the implementation of Zulu Mobile on Android. It works as expected except for one scenario. I only have one-way audio for inbound calls.

Whether a call is coming from an internal extension or an outside line, if a call comes into the Zulu mobile extension and is picked up on Zulu mobile the Zulu mobile user can hear the caller but the caller can not hear the Zulu mobile user. So, there is no outbound audio only on inbound calls. I have perfect two-way audio for all outbound calls.

I have port 8002 open in my router and I’ve tried disabling the FreePBX Firewall.

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I get this error in my asterisk log on both inbound and outbound calls

[2020-01-14 16:59:13] ERROR[14695]: pjproject: <?>: icess0x7eff1c067588 …Error sending STUN request: Network is unreachable

FreePBX 14.0.13.23
Asterisk 13.29.2
Zulu 14.0.57.12
Zulu Mobile 1.0.7.340

Any idea how to fix this?

I downloaded the Zulu desktop version and I do not have the same issue. It works as expected.

What is the difference between the two? Because it sounds like the mobile is connected over the Internet (on cell data?) so that could be NAT related. Is the desktop client remote to the PBX?

The desktop client is on the same LAN as the PBX.

The Zulu mobile app has the same issue whether on cell data or on WiFi on the same LAN as the PBX. I think it has something to do with a bug in the app. I’m also experiencing issues with media audio playback on my phone after placing a call with Zulu. If I place a call with Zulu, then go to YouTube to play a video the audio coming from my phone is at maybe 10% of what it should be. I have the media volume at 100% but it sounds like it’s at 10%. If I kill the Zulu app the media audio issue is corrected.

I’m thinking these two problems may be related and may be app bugs. I can’t find anywhere to open a ticket on this. Do you know where I can do that to let them know?

@Bradbpw,

Tickets for Zulu (and any other PBXact or commercial FreePBX module) may be opened at https://support.sangoma.com.

Thanks, @dlee. Ticket has been submitted.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.