(yet another question) FreePBX on CentOS Stream 9+

SO I couldn’t find anything new on the forum regarding this topic. Will Sangoma just drop CentOS path and go full Debian for the future of FreePBX?
I have a few CentOS Stream 9 running LAMP+Nginx services and they seem to be stable as of now. I could install Asterisk 16 in its pure form which is fine (I can pull my own weight in pure CLI Asterisk), but anyhow I was wondering if Sangoma will keep supporting CentOS since I really like FreePBX over other GUI packages and I wouldn’t like to switch my Asterisk servers to Debian. – Maybe if FreePBX starts using PHP 8+ (maybe?)

There have been many posts about this. (even recently)

The official FreePBX17 Distro efforts are focused on Rocky 8.

With that being said, it is important to understand that there’s a difference between the FreePBX Distro and OSS FreePBX. There are many people (myself included) who run OSS FreePBX on their favorite Linux flavor such as Debian. At one of the Sangoma lounges there was a group of a company who were looking into getting OSS FreePBX shipped with their FreeBSD fork.

So, if you like a GUI, you should be able to run OSS FreePBX on different Linux distros other than the official Sangoma one

Good to know, thanks!

The only caveat being that paid modules are only supported on the official FreePBX Distro.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.