Yealink T58 not ringing for internal calls

I have an extension with a Yealink T58. When I call it from another extension, the incoming call shows on the display, but the phone does not ring.

However, I also have an inbound route (set with alert Info R2.) I set the inbound route to ring this (and only this extension) When I do that, the T58 does have an audible ring of ring tone 2.

I have also put this extension into a ring group; again no “Alert Info” in the ring group. Same results as calling this T58 from another extension; the incoming call displays on the screen, but there is no audible ring.

It seems as though if there is no “Alert Info” then the t58 will not audibly ring.

I also have a Yealink T48 on a different extension, and that extension does not have this issue. Seems more likely a Yealink issue than a FreePBX issue, but I am baffled.

More info:

I added “Alert Info” of R1 to the ring group. And put R1 in the text for Ringer 1 on the T58 web interface.

Now, when i call the ring group, this phone does have an audible ring of ring tone 1.

But when I call the extension directly, there is still no audible ring. But the incoming call does show on the display.

OK, Looked at web interface of T58 again. Found Settings->Preference and under Ring section, noticed that the silent.wav was set as the default ring tone?? Changed that to ring1.wav, and is working as expected now.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.