Same exact issue as well, first bug I've encountered in freepbx.
If it helps any with debugging, I was originally getting an error updating some modules, saying module "pm2" was needed but not found. It wasn't in the list of modules to install, and I realized it was because my license didn't have it listed as it's a new module.
I went to Admin > System Admin > Activation, and clicked "Update Activation". After doing this, the "process Manager" module was finally showing up in the module list to install. I installed it and then all my other modules finally updated, except for xmpp which has the problem mentioned in this thread. fwconsole chown did not help