Xinetd not responding to GET requests

I have xinetd as standard on a fresh installation of the latest freepbx, attempting to setup TFTP for management of a Cisco 8851, I was originally blaming the 8851 for not liking a file, but this appears to be an issue with xinetd, the phone receives TFTP timeouts, running the tftp client on windows with tftp -i 10.8.90.30 GET SEPxxx.cnf.xml c:\Users\Myself\Desktop results in “connect request failed” on the client, and “RRQ from 10.8.90.52 filename SEPxxx.cnf.xml” on the server.

/etc/xinetd.d/tftp is:

#default: off
#description xxxtolazytocopythisover

service tftp
{
socket_type = dgram
protocol = udp
wait = yes
user = root
server = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
server_args = -vv -c -s /tftpboot
disable = no
per_source = 11
cps = 100 2
flags = IPv4
}

obviously systemd says service status is active, ls -l reports all the files in /tftpboot are owned by astrisk:astrisk -rw-r–r--, I’m stumped on this, for reference, heres the thread I posted on the cisco forum beforehand when I suspected an issue with a specific file, you can see the detailed Cisco error logs here:

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked the /var/log/messages log file to see what error (if any) is being generated? While TFTP is “trivial” it can still be a pain to set up. If your xinetd is spawning the tftp process correctly, you should see the GET request in the log file.

Check the permissions in the /tftpboot directory and make sure they are 777 on the directory itself and 666 on all of the files in the directory.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.