WSS - No audio

Hi,
I’m having problem with my PBX (freepbx 15).

• My PBX is behind NAT and I have trunk connect to GoIP device (for callout using Mobile number)
  • I use softphone (pjproject, linphone) to make call to my phone number, I can hear the sound normally.
    But when I use WebSocket (sipml5, sip.js) to make a call, I don’t hear any sound and the call automatically hangs up after about 15-20 seconds.

My Configuration:
pjsip.transports.conf
pjsip.endpoint.conf

Logs:
Call log using softphone
Call log using WebSocket (No Audio)

Anybody help me.

It’s weird that bundle=no is being set in pjsip.endpoint.conf, but I’m guessing that’s not the root cause of your trouble.

I don’t see anything other than host candidates in the SDP from the PBX to the webrtc client. Since the PBX is behind NAT, it’s probably not a bad idea to setup a stun (or even a turn server) in rtp.conf.

If that doesn’t resolve it, you’re going to probably need to look deeper here - so do an rtp set debug on on the Asterisk CLI when the webrtc call is up and verify that you have RTP packets being received and sent to the endpoint. Maybe some PCAP from both sides to verify it as well.

Matthew Fredrickson

Happy cake day! @mattf

3 Likes

It’s weird that bundle=no is being set in pjsip.endpoint.conf, but I’m guessing that’s not the root cause of your trouble.

==> I don’t know what this setting is for, but the pjsip.endpoint.conf file is generated from FreePBX (ver: 15.0.23) and I did not edit anything in that file.
On the other hand, I see in bundle=no in the sip table of asterisk DB
Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 18.11.31

I don’t see anything other than host candidates in the SDP from the PBX to the webrtc client. Since the PBX is behind NAT, it’s probably not a bad idea to setup a stun (or even a turn server) in rtp.conf.

==> I added STUN server to RTP’s settings and my call heard the sound.

Thanks for your support !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.