Wireless internet suggestions

I will for sure.

Peplink with Tello as a provider running absolutely great.

Here is one of my Inseego FG2000e running at a remote site with T-Mobile 100GB $50 per month mobile data plan… This is a 5G capable device, so connects both to 4G LTE and 5G if there is a 5G signal. This particular site only has a LTE signal and gets around 20Mbps DL…

This Yealink T48s has been running on it for over a year connecting back to a FreePBX 15 server hosted on Vultr without an issue… I have a few other setups like this deployed running S705’s… some as TLS/SRTP and others using the built in VPN on both these Inseego FG2000’s and some Peplink Max Transit 5G.

I LOVE this Inseego FG2000… Its a full blow router with failover… If you have a wired connection its got a WAN port as well as the 5G capable cellular modem. You can pick which is primary, wired or cellular… Its got WiFi6 built in as well and has 2x Gig LAN ports and 1x5Gb LAN port. Even takes batteries for intermittent power outages…

In regards to 5G performance, if you have 5G signal, buy Inseego all day over anything else. Ive tested numerous devices on 5G over the past 14 months and these Inseego FG2000 and FW2000 are the best of the best speed wise. In areas with full 5G signal, I get 650-800Mbps DL and 150-250Mbps UL speeds… Areas with only 1-2 bars of 5G signal, I get 200-400Mbps DL and 100-150Mbps UL speeds. Cant say the same for the Peplink Max Transit 5G and went back and forth with their engineers and endless hours of testing. It maxes out at 140Mbps DL sitting side by side to the Inseego… Ended up being told the Max Transit 5G cellular modem is connected internall via USB which is what limits the throughput even though their Datasheet says something completely different. That soured me with Peplink and now I only use Inseego cellular routers…

I have a remote Vineyard client with no wired service running one of these on LTE… They run an S705 with the built-in VPN connecting back to thwir corporate office PBXact deployment, and a Ubiquiti AP AC Pro that has Sonos speakers in the tasting room and an office computer that also is connecting back to corporate office NGFW via Wireguard VPN…

Thanks for the plethora of info defcomllc ! If I can get the customer to bite on the cost of that FG2000 we might be in business!

1 Like

If you are serious send me a PM for a deal. .I can put you in touch with my T-Mobile foe Business rep… there is a 50% off promo right now on all Inseego devices with a new Tmobile line of service.

Sounds good. I need to figure out how I can connect an old Grandstream GS4108 to the Freepbx over this.

Use FQDN or WAN Static IP of your FreePBX deployment…then from there you just need to decide if your using UDP and make sure that ports open…or TLS/SRTP or VPN…

Yeah I am looking at setting up a site to site VPN. the GS4108 seems to be to old to use TLS. I think I am close. Probably next week I’ll setup a test to prove the VPN will work the way I envision it.

There is built in VPN capability in the Inseego devices but I havent tested if it can use OpenVPN to connect back to my NGFW’s.

Just putting a sim card in and confirming I have internet connectivity is all I do on the Inseego…then just plug a POE switch or injector into one of the LAN ports and plug in the phone works…

How does remote management work on this?

A few different ways are possible…inseego Connect…if using your own router with vpn capabilities you could vpn in and hit webgui…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.