*Will PAY!* - Recording!

I didn’t know which forum to put this in, but i’m looking for a solution for my office!

Here is what we would like to do…

1. A user calls an extension eg (1234)
  2. It prompts for a ID number.
  3. It beeps to start recording
  4. Records conversation
  5. When you hit (#) It stops recording and saves the file as the (IDNumber).Date.Time
  6. Hangs up the call.

Quote? Bounty? Help!

Thanks!

Have you thought about trying the Dictate feature? It’s a standard feature. See the documentation below:

http://freepbx.org/support/documentation/module-documentation/dictate-module

Nice, Im gonna try and play with that!

Cheers!

J

Its almost what I need!

-Instead of playback and record, I just need it to record, and “#” to hang up and email once completed,

Part of my problem is once I bridge a call on my Cisco phones, I cannot unbridge them (Unless I am stupid), but if the recording hangs up the phone is ready to continue, with the caller.

J.

This is already set up in Voicemail…

Why not set up a dummy extension number, set up the voicemail to email to the appropriate address. I think you should be able to work with the PIN number feature to get what you want, but I’m not sure you can get it to name the file with the PIN number.

Bill/W5WAF

Since you mention bridging a call, are you really trying to record a conversation in progress? In that case you can use the On-Demand Call Recording feature. By default, all extensions allow On-Demand recording, so you just need to make sure the Feature is enabled. Then you press *1 during a call to start the recording. The call is automatically named and saved without any additional steps. All the recordings can be found under Call Monitor in the ARI.

Its recording the authorization for credit card, I currently record all the conversations, but I specifically want just the authorization part seperate, the client ID would be the specific number I want the file to be saved as.

J.

I am interested in doing something like this, on my website that my customers create there profile on it generates a 6 digit ID number, I would like to have my callers call my system and be prompted for the 6 digit # then record there message. When done hang up or what not.

I am not wanting the file emailed anywere I just would like when they hang up the file saves in that folder as a wav or gsm.

Can this be done?

Also using a dial in DID to the system how would you use dictation when its tied to an extention.

I ended paying for the script, Im wondering if they care if I post it for everyone to use, since it has worked perfectly for me.

j.

Even if you don’t post the code, it would be worth while to post who created the script and some basics of how it works (does it fit your original request exactly, or were there compromises)

Thanks for following up with the thread

[from-internal-custom]
exten => *999,1,Macro(recordingid)

Where *999 is any dialable number that you want (with our without *). This is how you access the featurecode. Next, add this also in extensions_custom.conf at the end:

[macro-recordingid]
exten => s,1,Wait(2)
exten => s,n,Authenticate(1234)
exten => s,n,Read(IDNUM,enter-phone-number10,10,2,8)
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[ “${IDNUM}” = “” ]?end) exten => s,n,Set(RECFILE=/tmp/${IDNUM}-${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)})
exten => s,n,Record(${RECFILE}:wav)
exten => s,n(end),Hangup

Here is the script!

j.