Which Telephony Card?

We’ve been using using SIP trunks exclusively for the past few years, but now we have a requirement to connect our analogue landlines (PSTN) to our PBX. We have 4 analogue landlines which we would like to connect, and I’m looking for product recommendations. Would this be suitable?

Sangoma B600E PCI Express Card 4FXO, 1FXS
https://www.voipsupply.com/sangoma-b600e

I don’t understand the purpose of the FXS port on this card - we could connect an analogue phone to it?

I noticed these are available with and without echo cancellation - is it necessary? It pretty much doubles the cost.

FXO is connected PSTN line, FXS is connected with FXS phones or fax.

I see thanks, so that would typically be for a physical analogue fax machine.

Could you tell me if the card is suitable for my needs, and whether I should consider a card with echo cancellation?

for better voice quality, I would suggest you buying with echo dsp, you can consider B600 or A200 with echo.

I use a b600 without hardware echo cancellation to connect 3 PSTN lines and one analog dect cordless phone. It has been working flawlessly. I use oslec software echo cancelling just in case, as I have never experienced echo anyway.
That card supports up to 4 PSTN lines and is not expandable, so if you don’t think you’ll need additional lines in the future, this card will be enough.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.