When I update extensions the /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin directory changes persmissions

Hi. I have done a new installation with centos 5.3 64 bit and asterisk 1.6.1.0. I have included a static IP. My hosts file looks like this.

Do not remove the following line, or various programs

that require network functionality will fail.

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.100 server1.example.com server1
::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

When I do the freepbx install of 2.5.1 I avoid step 2 of the freepbx installation. I have checked mine with telnet and sees my static works and shows as eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
inet addr:192.168.1.100 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
when I do the mysql install I do it in server1, I create asterisk and asteriskcdrdb create db and GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES. I admit this is bit confusing to me, I don’t do this too often. I do the chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/lib/php/session/ I follow the rest of instructions with difficulty since some of them are out of place but I follow except as I said before step 2 for the network.
When I do the ./install_amp --username=asteriskuser --password=SOMEPASSWORD it will not take asterisuser as username and the password but it will take root as username and the password.
Is there a difference if I install in 127.0.0.1 localhost? It’s easier I imagine but don’t know if this is ok.
The install goes well and I setup freepbx but when I update an extensions the var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin directory changes the permissions everytime. I also don’t see the the logout logo, the graphic is there but not the word and I can still logout but makes me think there is something wrong.
I made the thread a bit longer because I wanted to give you as much info as possible. If someone can answer this couple of questions or have a suggestion I’ll appreciate it.

Thanks.