What would cause a faulty BLF?


(PbxNoob) #1

The BLF for my office phone has been playing up here today - it’s occasionally showing as a solid green on the sidecars of the other phones in the building.

The only suspicious things that have happened today that may be linked?

  • I enabled the hook for call flow toggle in advanced settings
  • the restappsdaemon failed for some reason and I had to restart it. But that was hours ago.
  • I updated the Zulu tray app on Windows

thanks


#2

Solid green usually means “available” in the majority of sidecars.


(PbxNoob) #3

aha!! Sort of figuring out what it was! Looks like this Zulu bug has been semi fixed?!

Weirdly, now, I have the following issues:

  1. Even though I can see from Zulu my status is Available, when I try to ring my extension, I get my voicemail.
  2. When I try to change my status in UCP from ‘Away’ to another ‘Available’, the change I try to make doesn’t stick. It only lasts for a second then reverts back.

In the logs I can see:

[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: CW IN_USE/BUSY is: 1
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Methodology of ring is 'ringallv2-prim'
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Added extension 5001 to extension map
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Added extension 5002 to extension map
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Extension 5001 cf is disabled
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Extension 5002 cf is disabled
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Extension 5001 has do not disturb enabled, or followme pre-ring returned busy
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Extension 5002 do not disturb is disabled
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: Filtered ARG3:
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: RING ALL V2 : 5002-26
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: RVOL_MODE ''
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: RVOL is:
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: dialparties.agi: RVOLPARENT is:
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] res_agi.c: <PJSIP/5002-00000004>AGI Script dialparties.agi completed, returning 0
[2020-05-19 19:24:46] VERBOSE[29246][C-00000006] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-dial:9] NoOp("PJSIP/5002-00000004", "Returned from dialparties with no extensions to call and DIALSTATUS: BUSY") in new stack

in a way it’s exciting because if this feature is nearly working that’s fantastic! Would be so useful.

Is it possible I’ve somehow set a DND on my desk phone that Zulu can’t “see” ? Because when I do a call trace from the CLI one of the lines says:

“dialparties.agi: Primary extension is DND”

from FreePBX.org:
"Many phones implement DND without using the FreePBX® DND feature code. These phones will implement *DND* locally and when a call comes in they simply reject the call by sending a *“Busy Here”* SIP message back to Asterisk.

EDIT: Figured out what it was. I think I must have mashed *78 at some point. It was DND. Deactivated and now all’s well. But I guess that means the Zulu bug probably isn’t squashed after all. D’oh! :slight_smile:


(PbxNoob) #4

One desk phone persisted with the green BLF but I was able to ‘erase’ that by just restarting it. The only anomaly persisting is that not all of the desk phones have presence indicators (the little man in a suit). Weird. I think my various restarts of the restappsdaemon (when it crashed) and then FreePBX itself (while trying to debug the DND issue) have confused things. Maybe it will come out in the wash.