What version did Asterisk change form 'core set global …' to 'dialplan set global...'

I noticed on Asterisk 1.8 that FreePBX and ARI are not setting the DEVICE_STATE() of things like Follow-Me, DND, etc.

It’s because we are sending commands through the AMI such as “core set global DEVICE_STATE(DEVDND300) BUSY” and the syntax has changed to “dialplan set global …”

So … can someone tell me what version this changed in. I know on 1.4 it was ‘core set global…’ (or at least that still worked. I need to know what the earliest version of Asterisk was that started using ‘dialplan set global…’ was (1.6.0, 1.6.1 or 1.6.2?) So that I can get the changes into 1t least 2.9 and 2.10 and get these back working.

Thanks for you help, I don’t have any 1.6.X systems to look at and answer this.

faxCLI> core show version
Asterisk 1.6.2.13 built by root @ fax.cccxxx.net on a i686 running Linux on 2010-09-21 04:25:52 UTC
fax
CLI> dialplan set global
Usage: dialplan set global
Set global dialplan variable to
fax*CLI>

thanks, what about 1.6.0, that is currently what I am guessing, anyone?

Both the systems below are not FreePBX they are straight Asterisk boxes installed from source before I became a FreePBX convert.

Asterisk 1.6.0.3 built by root @ x on a i686 running Linux on 2010-07-07 17:38:49 UTC

*CLI> core set global
Usage: core set global

*CLI> dialplan set global
No such command ‘dialplan set global’ (type ‘help dialplan set global’ for other possible commands)

*CLI> core show version
Asterisk 1.4.26.1 built by root @ x on a i686 running Linux on 2009-09-03 15:59:13 UTC

*CLI> core set global
Usage: core set global

No such command 'dialplan

alan_mousty,

thanks … I’ll change it for now to start at 1.6.1 then.

now if someone can actually test a 1.6.1 system to see if that is right or not it would be much appreciated!

Asterisk 1.6.1.6 built by root @ x on a i686 running Linux on 2009-10-30 00:41:33 UTC

*CLI> core set global
The ‘core set global’ command is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use ‘dialplan set global’ instead.

thanks, looks like we are all good now!