What is the default time condition / behavior?

Greetings,

Here are my current versions. I know they are old. As a beginner to VOIP,
I am trying to get familiar with the system before making any changes. At some point, once I work out as many of the issues I am having as I can, I will get up the nerve to do an update. Look for a future post coming to a forum near you soon.

This is a production system (about 30 extensions) and I can’t afford to
have it crash on me without having the knowledge to repair it. It has one
incoming T1.

Trixbox version Version: 1.2.3
Kernel Version 2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp (SMP)
Distro Name CentOS release 4.4 (Final)
Created by phpSysInfo-2.5.2_rc2

Version
Asterisk 1.2.12.1 built by root @ localhost.localdomain on a i686 running
Linux on 2006-10-18 18:35:57 UTC
Verbosity is at least 1
FreePBX 2.3.1.1 on 10.0.0.5
Time Conditions 2.4.3.1
Day Night mode 1.0.2.4

If I have NO time conditions established, what is the behavior of the product? Or is time condition one always there by default? I wouldn’t know because when I took over this system, there were already 4 time conditions, but they don’t work correctly. I’ve been trying to get some help, but no one has stepped up to the plate as of yet. I have done due diligence and viewed the KG tutorials several times. Have looked all over the forums and the internet. I am sure it is a simple explanation, but I need a second pair of eyes (or ears) on it. There must be something very elementary that I am missing.

Thanks

Paul…

Thank you yedidyah for the reply. I think I’m getting closer to understanding time conditions.

What happens if I have two conflicting conditions.

#1. Business hours M-F 7:00 to 17:00.
#2. Xmas day. Thu Dec 25 7:00 to 17:00.

#1 If true, rings the receptionist If false goes to a pre-recorded after hours IVR.
#2 If true goes to “Have a merry…” IVR. If false, goes to after hours condition #1.

Both conditions fall into #1. (M-F). Which one is processed ? The one with more details? (specific, month, day, date and time data ?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I have inherited a system that from what I can tell, was not configured very well.

My business is open from 7:00 to 17:30 M-F all year. During these hours, there is a “ring group” track that is followed. Reception 1, reception 2, tech support, then sales. (these groups are already set up and functional).

Between 17:31 and 6:59, M-F and ALl day Sat & Sun I want it go to the same prerecorded after hours IVR.

I need a means of “injecting” a holiday (single day or multi-day) time condition to be in effect. (for example) Xmas 2008 from 17:31 Weds Dec 24 to 17:30 Friday that if true or false goes to a prerecorded “Happy Holidays” IVR. Then on Saturday resume the “after hours” IVR if condition one mentioned above is false.

Is my explanation clear? It sounds like it should be rather easy, but I am missing something.

Thanks for your patience.

Paul…

See the tutorial at http://freepbx.org/news/2008-09-25/time-groups-time-conditions to get you started.

A time condition is made of 3 elements.

1. The time. A stretch of time e.g. Start Monday end Thursday, Start 9:00 end 17:00; this would match every day Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9:00 to 17:00.

2)Destination When Time Matches. How the call continues if the call occurs during the stretch of time specified in element 1)

3)Destination When Time Does Not Match. How the call continues if the call occurs outside of the stretch of time specified in element 1)

==========================

Use a Time Condition as a destination on another page .e.g Inbound Route, IVR or Announcement to send the call to the appropriate destination depending on the time of the call.

Yedidyah,

Your explanation was great re “3 elements” See this other thread of mine. It looks as though I am making progress.

http://freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/time-condition-priority-question#comment-17244

Thanks