What is "Go To Operator"?

Under Applications -> Extensions, you choose an extensions, and then towards the bottom of the page there is an option that looks like this;

VmX Locater™?
Use When:? unavailable busy
Voicemail Instructions:? Standard Voicemail prompts.

Press 0:? Go To Operator
Press 1:?
Press 2:?

• End Point Manager

Where do you designate what the “Go To Operator” extension is?

In the setup, there is a setting that allows you to define an extension that will be called when the “0” operator key is pressed. The setting you are referring to sends the call to this predefined extension. I forget where that setting is, but should be that hard to find.

BF

I know what it is and what it is used for, I have yet to locate where you assign the extension to the “Operator”. Does anyone know where it is located?

Misc Apps?

Here is a picture of what I am working with;

Settings->Voicemail Admin->DialPlan Behavior has a field for:
Operator Extension: the help says:
"Default number to dial when a voicemail user ‘zeros out’ if enabled. This can be overriden for each extension with the VMX Locater option that is valid even when VMX Locater is not enabled. This can be any number including an external number… "
I think this is what your looking for.

jack

What version of FreePBX is your PBX in a flash using. The screen is different depending what version of FreePBX it is. Or you could check on the PBX in a flash forum.

Just for grins…went back and played with a couple of configs. Seems that the way you set up a “0” just by creating a “0” feature code. Sent mine to a queue. Anytime “0” is punched it goes to the queue. The only time the Go To Operator is activated is when VMX is disabled then it targets whatever you have set up as “0”. When VMX is enabled, whatever is in the box next to “0” is the target. It pretty much says this in the mouseover, although in a somewhat abbreviated fashion.

BF

On Distro 4.211.64-7 it is in Settings|Voicemail Admin|Dialplan Behavior. There you will find Operator Extension.

As I mentioned upthread, older version of FreePBX had this setting in a different location. If I recall the first distro which used FreePBX 2.9 had this setting in Basic|General Settings.

There isn’t a “Dialplan Behavior” option available under Voicemail admin.

Also, here is the version I am running;

SYSTEM VITAL
Canonical Hostname pbx.local
Listening IP ???
Kernel Version 2.6.32-220.17.1.el6.i686 (SMP) i686
Distro Name Icon CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
Uptime 57 days 20 hours 3 minutes
Last boot Mon, 12 Aug 2013 16:16:28 GMT
Current Users 0
Load Averages 0.02 0.08 0.02

It is under Settings -> General Settings

Thanks everyone for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

I am glad you found it.

Just remember it is in different locations depending on what version of FreePBX you are using. This is why we stress and it is so important to provide complete version info on your system early on in the post.