What are people's experiences with Yealink phones, esp. newer ones like T46S/T48S?

Hello,
We are thinking of trying out Yealink phones, probably the T46S/T48S models. Anyone have recent experience with these? Any issues with build quality, reliability etc?

thanks for any info…
edgar

For a while I was selling only Yealink. Great phones. Personally I like the 46S model. Work well and look good. I dont have any issues with them on FreePBX.

The T4 series is not “new”, though with the refresh from the G line to the S line it is kind of like a .5 version (half upgrade).

In fact, the T5 series came out in 2019.

The T53 replaces the T42 and the T54 replaces the T46

That said, I love the Yealink lines. I have had zero build quality issues since I started using them in 2012. Had the odd firmware issues over the years. But those are resolved by downgrading until fixed. Same as any other brand.

I solely use Yealink phones for my production systems that I support. It plays well with the EPM and any configuration tweaks I need to make. The only annoying factor I see with them in relation to the EPM is they do not automatically add the star codes to the forwarding options (always, busy, unavailable). So I add those manually with base file edits. It also does not automatically add the proper values for TLS/SRTP. That’s more on the EPM, but I still get them to work by manually editing base file configurations. I generally keep firmware at the latest minor revision of the previous major release. I haven’t experienced quality issues or any hardware problems since I’ve been deploying them. I’ve been using them over the last two years now. I have used everything from the T19EP through to the T48S. I generally lean more towards selling/recommending the T46S/T48S.

@sorvani This information is helpful too. I might start looking at the T5 series and switch over to using those next.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.