Web GUI freezes when running Config Backup

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the FReePBX backup tool to work. I can back up the Voice Mail, System Recording or CDR modules individually. However, when I try to backup the System Configuration, the FreePBX Web GUI freezes.

My current configuration is:

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.2 under HARDWARE
FreePBX Version = 2.9.0.9
Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.8.0
Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.8.0
Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.0+2.6.0
Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
Operating System = CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
Kernel Version = 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

I don’t know if this related, but I am seeing the following warning message in freepbx_debug.log

2012-Apr-04 23:26:03 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/xml2Array.class.php:59
[WARNING]: array_push(): Cannot add element to the array as the next element is
already occupied

I tried reinstalling the Backup & Restore module, but that did not make a difference.

I am new to FreePBX. Any suggestions you can make to fix this problem (other than a full reinstall) would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I would appreciate any pointers on this issue. Thanks

The error is not related. Backups can sometimes take a while. FreePBX 2.10 shows much better progress status.

Thanks mbrevda for your response.

I upgraded FreePBX to 2.10. The backup is feeezing during the “Adding Items…” step. The progress status bar stops at around 20% completion. I waited for 1 hour in hope that the backup would be complete. The GUI is unresponsive.

@raleman - thats a LOT of extensions. If your willing to share your ssh credentials, hit me up on irc. I’d love to take a look.

I have just over 5000 (yes, 5 thousand) extensions. Backup will not work with that many extensions…