Wanpipe-7.0.25.1 on linux kernel 4.15

Hi.

I guess this is the wrong forum to ask this, because it is not directly related to FreePBX, but I didn’t find any other forum to ask. If you can point me in the right direction for asking for this, it’ll be appreciated.

Last version of wanpipe still relies on a ‘init_timer()’ interface which has been removed in linux kernel 4.15. So when I try to compile it on a Ubuntu Server 18.04 (which uses kernel 4.15.0-46-generic), fails with:

//usr/include/wanpipe/wanpipe_common.h: In function ‘wan_init_timer’:
//usr/include/wanpipe/wanpipe_common.h:1053:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘init_timer’; did you mean ‘init_timers’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

Any word on this?

Thanks for your help, and again, sorry for the almost-offtopic.

Good luck. I submitted that “bug” to Sangoma Support close to two years ago and after an 8 month wait was told it was not a high priority issue and they wouldn’t be working on it. I’ve been working with Sangoma products since 1998 and they have never had a a driver compile clean on the newest kernel. In the past they responded to bug reports and released a patch. I sent in a lot. This last time around the support was so bad and blatently uncaring that I’ve moved my clients to Patton.

Hi @drmad

Please give try with below beta release. This is under testing and will be releasing as soon as we have passed our internal QA process.
ftp://ftp.sangoma.com/linux/custom/Wanpipe/wanpipe-7.0.25.5.tgz

for such issues or if you face any issue in 25.5 release then feel free to raise support ticket.

Best Regards
Kapil

Hi @kgupta1

Thank you very much for the update. The 25.5 indeed compiled without problems. I hope I won’t find any more issues in production :smile:

Just to be sure, this is the correct place to ask for support about this?

¡Saludos desde Perú!

Preference to open support ticket for cards/driver related issues. thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.