Voicemail wrong time

Since upgrading from FPBX 2.1.1 -> 2.3.1, voicemail gives wrong time.

We have verified the servers timezone as being EST (see below for details). The time spoken by Asterisk via the Q variable (in voicemail.conf) is ahead 5 hours and the time emailed to users via the VM_DATE variable is ahead the same amount. The date stamped in message text files under /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default is correct (in EST) and matches the file creation timestamp.

date has always reported the server as running in EST. Verification of server’s local time included:
#tzselect … EST
manually linking /etc/localtime --> /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York
trying UTC=true in /etc/sysconfig/clock; rebooting; reverting to UTC=false
#hwclock --systohc

Again, this issue popped up when upgrading FPBX and it had been giving the correct time in version 2.1. Asterisk has not been updated/upgraded on this box. We have tried manually setting [zonemessages] to voicemail.conf but this does not resolve the root problem.

I’m seeing the same problem. Prior to upgrading to 2.3.1 my voicemail emails had correct timestamp. Now they are ahead by 8 hours instead of correct PST.

I’m in CST and see the same problem. VM are stating GMT even though system is set on CST. Since upgrading to 2.3.1, running Asterisk 1.2.6 currently. Could this be a problem with running an older release of Asterisk?

Is there now fix for this ?