Voicemail to email issue

Hi,

A newbie here, please be gentle on me… :slight_smile:

Recently moved from Trixbox CE to FreePBX, running ver 4.211.64-7 - Asterisk 11 (64 bit). Totally new to FreePBX…

I’m trying to configure voicemail to email and relay through gmail. I followed this guide:

When I send a test message through the command line the message is queued but never sent. I can see the message in Webmin in the Mail Queue and it shows this error:

SASL authentication failed; server smtp.gmail.com[74.125.129.109] said: 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at?535 5.7.8 Check Gmail through other email platforms - Gmail Help rz6sm78647890pab.22 - gsmtp

I checked, double-checked and triple-checked the username and password and am certain they are correct. I can logon to my gmail account with the same credentials, as well as from my 'droid.

I also followed the google article referenced in the error, but this did not help.

Can anyone please help?

regards,

Y.

OK… I managed to solve the problem.
I post it here in case someone else has the same problem.

The reason I could not authenticate is because mapping of the “smtp_sasl_password_maps” in /etc/postfix/main.cf

The password map was in the file /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd , but the mapping in main.cf was pointing to /etc/postfix/smtp_sasl_password_map
(possibly from earlier attempts to configure this)

Once I pointed to the correct file and restarted Postfix everything started working and Postfix can relay through my gmail account.

Hope this helps somone somehow sometime…

Y.