Voicemail Option 3 - Advanced Options

When I first set up my PIAF box I got a PDF called Voicemail Flowchart. This flowchart showed each of the Voicemail options all layed out very nicely for my users. One curious thing was Option 3 - Advanced Features. According to the flowchart there should be advanced features 4 (DISA) and 5 (Leave Voicemail for another user). However when I actually dial into voicemail I don’t get anything under Option 3, just the prompt to press * to return to the main menu. I’ve tried just pressing 4 or 5, thinking that perhaps they were hidden menu options, but they system just tells me that they are unknown options.

How can I enable the advanced options? I’m rather lost as to where the voicemail menu configuration or settings can be found.

I apologize if this has been covered, but I can’t seem to find anything in the forums or documentation in regards to this.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

After submitting this post I did a little more digging and found that voicemail.conf is what needs to be edited with a couple options added:

[list]
[]sendvoicemail = yes (This enabled Option 5)
[
]dialout = whatever context here (This enabled Option 4)
[/list]

However, now I have a new question in relation to Option 4. Currently, when I make an external call, the caller ID number is not sent. Is there a way for me to specify that the caller ID for the voicemail extension making the call be sent using Option 4?

Not sure how clear that question is given the time of day and I need some sleep. Hope it made sense.

be careful what you edit and why…

The proper place to put those edits would be in the vm_general.inc file and not in the voicemail.conf file (note it has a include the the vm_general.inc file it in).

There is no include for vm_general.inc I thought that was odd when I went to edit the voicemail settings, but shrugged it off. Should I put the include in the voicemail.conf myself?

then something is wrong…

See http://freepbx.org/configuration_files there is a example of what it should look like. Did you upgrade/re-install asterisk after installing FreePBX? or install the samples after the fact? That will replace the FreePBX structured config files…