Voicemail from a Queue

Hi

Fairly new to FreePBX but know my way around it a little. Having a problem with the following :

I have a queue. Rather than have customers hang around in the queue for hours - I want them to be forwarded to a voicemail after a given amount of time.

I thought that this was determined by the ‘failover’ setting, but when I set ‘Max Wait Time’ to (say) 10 secs, instead of being transferred to voicemail (as I have set in the failover options) the caller just gets cut off.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Just to say - I have found this in the log file

[Apr 14 10:37:22] WARNING[2077] app_voicemail.c: mkdir ‘/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default//’ failed: No such file or directory
[Apr 14 10:37:22] WARNING[2077] app_voicemail.c: mkdir ‘/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default//’ failed: No such file or directory
[Apr 14 10:37:22] WARNING[2077] app_voicemail.c: Failed to make directory (/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/200/temp)

Anyone know what this means and how to fix it please?

If you dial the failover extension directly, do you get voicemail?

Bill/W5WAF

Hi

Thanks for replying to this. No - I wasn’t getting voicemail by any means.

After looking around, and through the error logs, it seemed like the system was unable to create a directory for the given extension voicemail messages.

This was solved by using the command

amportal chown

Which added the asterisk user and group to all relevant directories. This was obviously something that I hadn’t done when I installed the system (because noone had told me to!)

Anyhow - there is it.

Thanks for your help.

Looks like you read my mind. That’s exactly what I was going to suggest if you had no VM at all.

Good Luck…

Bill/W5WAF