Voicemail - External Notify setting

I have a customized external script that I have set in the external notify field for voicemail to turn on/off BLF lights on administrator sets for shared vmboxes.

I have the field populated with a /usr/bin/blf.sh
That entry in turn creates the following entry in voicemail.conf
externnotify=/usr/bin/blf.sh

The problem is now whenever a module update is applied (think it is only voicemail modules) the field is overwritten and replaced with fwconsole voicemail.
Typically I would get around something being overwritten by putting it in the ***_custom.conf file but one doesn’t exist for voicemail.conf, nor is there an include in the file so that appears not to be an option

Thoughts on how to keep this setting in place so it is not overwritten would be appreciated…

As far as I know, the only module that writes that parameter in FreePBX is vmnotify. If you remove that module it should prevent it from overwriting.

As an aside, VM hints are a thing in the Distro and have been for ages. If your BLF buttons are programmed with *98<ext> the hint should be automatic.

do not have vmnotify installed output from fwconsole ma list

I will give *98 a try I have been using this script (or some version of it) since way back in FreePBX ver 2.something work for our upgrades and new deployments so never bothered to look for an alternatve

What is the exact string automatically being written, it’s not fwconsole voicemail.

Just upgraded a new system I’m getting ready to deploy and this is what is populated

These are the modules that were updated:

To whoever did what or changed what thank you Just upgraded another system and went in and checked and the external notify script is no longer being overwritten.

1 Like

Looks like this bug is still open, I have the same issues, often after module updates the External Notify field reverses to default values. I have a script to notify messages and often they tell me it stopped working and I have to fill in the value with my script again.

HI

I’m still running this issue, I’ve disabled automatic updates and the external notify gets changed at some point back do /usr/sbin/fwconsole voicemail

Any ideas what to look for ? I get some notifications during the weekend and from time to time after the weekend I discover it reversed and missed the notifications

Many thanks