Voicemail configuration files corrupt after adding new extension

Asterisk 1.6.1.9, FreePBX 2.5.2.1, Voicemail 2.5.1.6
Intermittent problem when adding new extension, when Apply Changes, an error occurs and voicemail.conf is missing detail and includes the following files with quotes. These files exist with " " and “vm_general.inc” includes all extension detail, normally found in voicemail.conf
#include “vm_general.inc”
#include "vm_email.inc"
Similar to http://support.freepbx.org/v2/ticket/3678 but detail not quite the same.

I can restore a backed up version of the files, restart asterisk and calls are answered. When these corrupt files are present /var/log/asterisk/full reports the following for any call directed to voicemail: “I am sorry an error has occured”.
WARNING[28398] app_voicemail.c: No entry in voicemail config file for
VERBOSE[28398] file.c: – <DAHDI/1-1> Playing ‘im-sorry.gsm’ (language ‘en’)
VERBOSE[28398] file.c: – <DAHDI/1-1> Playing ‘an-error-has-occured.gsm’ (language ‘en’

Any suggestions where the problem is?
Thanks

I just got bit by this too so I’ll be watching this topic.

I’m running Asterisk 1.6.0.10, FreePBX 2.5.2.2, Voicemail 2.5.1.6. This is running on CentOS 5.

I had 2 extensions that started doing this. I checked my /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf file. the 2 extensions that were not working were at the bottom under a blank heading.

[Default]
701-----
702-----

[]
704-------
706-----

I moved the 2 up into the [Default] group, deleted the [] and it works just fine.