Voicemail *97 issues

Not sure what you mean by '. .second ext which is broken. . ’ you can only have one AMPUSER numbered 0210

2 user for 2 phone?"

you can only have one extension numbered 0210, but you can have that extension using chan_pjsip appear on multiple physical/virtual phones, are you saying one such works and another one ‘not so much’ ?

i have 2 sccp phone both one ext each
soo when i first created ext and phone it worked fined but after i alter setting the message button (*97) get unlinked

I can’t speak for sccp, but multiple appearances I suspect it might only work when using chan_pjsip in FreePBX.

4721	[2023-08-27 17:36:32] ERROR[7076][C-000000a9] app_voicemail.c: VM_INFO requires an argument (<mailbox>[@<context>],attribute[,folder]

VM_INFO is an internal function in the voicemail app that needs to be called with the extension number and what is being asked for

This is incorrect. VM_INFO is a dialplan function that applies to app_voicemail it allows you to get information about the mailbox.

The issue here is that the output is missing the first 5 lines of the app-vmmain context, which is very important because it shows what the presented AMPUSER variable is set to. Based on what is seen right now, it is set to nothing.

This shows that the check to get the user’s VM context failed and it used the default context.
2023-08-27 17:36:32] VERBOSE[7076][C-000000a9] pbx_builtins.c: Goto (macro-get-vmcontext,s,200)

That means this check in macro-get-vmcontext failed because ARG1 either didn’t have a value or had a value that doesn’t exist in the AstDB.

exten => s,1,Set(VMCONTEXT=${DB(AMPUSER/${ARG1}/voicemail)})

Which means that when VM_INFO is run in the app-vmmain context (where *97 lands) can’t do a proper lookup as as so:

exten => *97,n(check),Set(VMBOXEXISTSSTATUS=${IF(${VM_INFO(${AMPUSER}@${VMCONTEXT},exists)}?SUCCESS:FAILED)})

These three lines from the debug show that no mailbox was found and that the VoiceMailMain app had no voicemail account to lookup.

So because it hit VoiceMailMain() with no user or context to check, the voicemail system requires the user to be entered and then it will prompt for a password if said user exists.

yes this i ran into problem

My understanding is one extension dibn’t work, and you posted a log of a failure where VM_INFO was referenced without a VMUSER to check if it’s vmexists, You also mentioned one that did work but didn’t post a log yet . please do so if that id the case, my checks usinf chan_pjsip all succeed, hence my suspicions of your channel driver. a(sccp

not any more both ext is in same issues

We need to see the start of the call so we can determine what is being sent as CallerID and if it exists or is in the right format. What you posted doesn’t include the start of the call where this would have been determined.

please bear with me, i am new to setup this, i nee to know where and detail

here start and end to another sccp phone

next one is getting what my ext num

There’s no proper CallerID and it doesn’t look like a default CallerID is set in the SCCP config for this device. The system has no idea who is making the call and treating it as an external caller.

how i fix this no idea why it undo CallerID , all i know i was editing ext voice mail it undo calli8d

IMO this problem is unrelated to *97, but is caused by two SCCP devices with the same extension number, which I believe is unsupported.

If you want two devices to ring simultaneously on incoming (first to answer gets the call), and to show the same caller ID on outgoing, set up device A with the desired extension number, and B with a different number. Configure Follow Me on A to also ring B. Configure CID Alias for extension B to show A’s caller ID.

uh no way i doing same ext
it all about phone get callerid issues.
as this person say

yet i will be setting up 5 ext for 5 phones, there no same ext for 2 ext

Your last screenshot showing SCCP Extension Details was cropped too short. Please confirm that above the tabs it shows “Extension: 0210”.

If you simply call from that phone to a SIP or other non-SCCP extension, does 0210 appear on the called phone?

1 Like