Voice message

hi,
I’m creating a table management system and i need the system to call the customer on his mobile and run a voice message " your table is ready, please proceed" .
I need to use my landline number.
please advice.

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure how you want this to happen, I imagine that you’ll need a custom dialplan and integrations with your CRM.

FreePBX has a commercial module Xact Dialer which allows you to run campaigns. If that helps…

Hi Pitzkey,

I’m, looking to an open source VOIP server with IVR and connected to a gateway (telephony interface card), so it will be connected it to my land line.
by collecting data from sql database VOIP server will call client and through IVR a recorded file will be played " you table is ready, to proceed dial 1 to cancel dial 2 to extand 5 min dial 3 and then the system will be updated accordingly.

I assume that this is about dining tables, not e.g. poker or massage tables.

These are just my opinions:

If you are a restaurateur seeking this for your own place and FreePBX would be useful for other aspects of your phone system, see

for examples of auto dialing.

If you manage a chain, you can better engage your customers with a mobile app; this would be only one of its features. Look at your competitors for examples.

If you are starting a business to provide this service to restaurants, FreePBX is not the best platform. Look at https://www.twilio.com/ or similar systems.

The vast majority of users would prefer to receive notification by text message (or app). Those wanting a voice call are older folks, many of whom are turned off by robocalls.

at my end calls from landline to any mobile are free of charge but the sms are payable and u should go through local provider

What country are you in?

kuwait

On most copper pair “POTS” landlines, there is no indication given when a call is answered. You can try to detect call progress tones and speech, but that is not always reliable. Possibly, your landline provider reverses polarity when a call is answered and your gateway would pass that to Asterisk.

If you are doing this on a large scale with PRI lines, there is reliable answer supervision. That’s also true of BRI lines, but those are no longer offered in many areas.

If you go with a SIP trunk, it will probably cost (in US$) about $0.04 per minute. Many providers bill by the second and I’d expect the average call duration to be less than 30 seconds, so about $0.02 per call.

Sorry, I don’t know of a good solution for SMS to Kuwait. The providers I’m familiar with won’t allow you to ‘spoof’ the Sender ID; it must be a number you have with them. And they don’t offer Kuwait numbers, so the reply would be international and costly for the user. I hope that another member reading this can offer a better solution.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.