I am currently using asterisk 1.6 and Freepbx 1.8. I am trying to implement VMX Locator using time condition but cannot figure it out. Maybe there is another way to implement it. Here is what I am trying to do:
Customers call my phone for helpdesk support instead of going to the helpdesk queue. I want to be able for them to press one to go to the helpdesk queue instead of leaving a message. I want this option only during business hours. Is there anyway to implement this?
Yes, possible a couple of ways:
- Program your extension to terminate calls to an IVR.
- Program the IVR to play a message you record (sounds like a voicemail greeting).
- Option 1 on IVR goes to time condition.
- Timeout on IVR goes to your voicemail with no greeting played.
- Create a Time Condition that goes to Helpdesk Que during the day and not during the night.
- Create a Misc Application that assigns a feature code “number” to the Time Condition. i.e. if you dial 55955, you get the Time Condition.
- Assign 55955 to option 1 of your VMX locator.
I never created a Misc Application. Any good documentation on creating a Misc Application?