Very low performance after using Distro conversion tool

Hello,

I tried to migrate an Asterisk 11 Freepbx 12 to the latest Freepbx Distro with the Distro conversion tool Elastix and PBXinaFlash to FreePBX Distro Conversion Tool - PBX Platforms - Documentation

All the process worked well, but when now I access to Freepbx GUI and, for example I try to edit an extension, it could spent ~1 minute to open the extension settings.
During this time asterisk process has lots of peaks in CPU use.

I tried the conversion process with 3 different servers with the same result.
Anyone knows why is this happening? What can I do to mitigate this low performance? There is anything I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

The only hint I found is hundreds of lines (720 exactly) like this in freepbx.log when I try to edit an extension. It spends 30 seconds to open the extension page.

[2020-Apr-09 14:31:16] [freepbx.INFO]: Depreciated Function ivr_get_details detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/queues/functions.inc/geters_seters.php on line 387 [] []
[2020-Apr-09 14:31:16] [freepbx.INFO]: Depreciated Function ivr_get_details detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/queues/functions.inc/geters_seters.php on line 387 [] []
[2020-Apr-09 14:31:17] [freepbx.INFO]: Depreciated Function ivr_get_details detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/queues/functions.inc/geters_seters.php on line 387 [] []
[2020-Apr-09 14:31:17] [freepbx.INFO]: Depreciated Function ivr_get_details detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/queues/functions.inc/geters_seters.php on line 387 [] []

You could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the queues module.

Hi Ariel,

Yes, If i reinstall the module, it works, but I loose the migrated configuration (I’m removing the module form module admin and installing again). If I backup the config, I reinstall the module and then do a restore, the issue comes again.

Regards,

Hate to tell you this but probably you need to accept losing the queue configuration and re-create it manually. There is probably a specific configuration that is somehow incompatible with the new version, even though that seems weird. Maybe it is time to report a bug?

Hi Ariel,

Yes, but it’s strange because it happened with two different customers. I thought that in a sufficiently standard scenario it would have happened to more people.
I think that all who want to migrate from a manual installed Asterisk+Freepbx to a Freepbx Distro can suffer the same issue.

Regards,

I see nothing in this thread that indicates queues are an issue here.

The “Depreciated Function” log lines are not relevant, they are present on all systems.

Maybe the script is not aware of ALL the variations and subtle differences that can appear on a manually installed FreePBX setup.

I just suggested a reinstall of the module because of those lines, maybe a strange configuration was being carried over.

Hi Lorne,

Yes. I only said that is the only clue that I could see in the logs. If it is normal, I don’t know why Fpbx spends 30 seconds to edit an extension with Asterisk process at 100% CPU.
Where can I look to try to debug the issue?

Regards,

Hi,

Well, a manual installation consists in do ./install on downloaded sources directory. I don’t think there is anything strange in my Freepbx installation.

Regards,

Hi Lorne,

Do you know whether this conversion tool is only for elastix and pbxinaflash installations? Or could be used with a old freepbx installation? If it’s not compatible, how can I migrate this kind of installation to a Freepbx Distro?

Regards,

From the page you linked:

The Distro Conversion tool allows you to take any FreePBX based system that is running version 2.9 or higher (up to, and including 14!) and migrate all the PBX settings to a new system.

Thanks Lorne,

I’ll continue looking for some hints about low performance cause after the conversion.

Regards,

Hi,

I’m still looking for a solution for the low performance after using the conversion tool.
Activating the asterisk console debug I noticed that there was lots of AMI commands requests when I click on edit extension.
The debug message is “manager.c: Running action ‘Command’” and there are thousands of them (more than 2000) each time I click on edit button.
I think this isn’t normal because It doesn’t happen in donor server. Also I tried to load a Bulk Handler file with the same extensions into a fresh distro install and it doesn’t happen neither.
I’m the only one that has detected this issue? What can I do try to discover the issue origin?
It’s not a donor issue because I tried with several different freepbx implementations as a donors with same results.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Same low performance issue whether I restore a Freepbx 13 backup in a fresh Freepbx 15 Distro.

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.