We have several v13 PBXes we want to upgrade using the “backup in v13 and restore in v15” method that v15 supports. The PBX we have to do now is a larger organization with a large number of calls. The CDRs and CELs are truncated to be only 6 months worth, but there are still a large amount. We get a complete backup in the production v13 PBX without issue. We restore this into a v15 PBX and it always times out after the prescribed 1 hour timeout.
- We go back to v13 and backup everything except CDR and it restores fine into v15
- We go back to v13 and only backup CDR and it times out when restoring into v15
A bit of sql probing and we find the CDR populates completely, but the CELs only get about 20% complete in the 1 hour timeout period.
This client uses the CDR frequently and uses Queue logs often too. I do not know anything for which they use CELs - but maybe I do not understand CELs and they really need them?
My questions are then:
- Can we move only the CDR and not the CEL without harm? If so, how do we do so?
- Can the 1 hour timeout increase in v15 restore to allow all the CELs to finish restoring? If so, how?
- Can we sql dump the v13 CDR / CEL and insert them into the v15 (I think not because I think the DB structure changed, but I am not certain)
Are there any other suggested options to consider?