Using pjsip and chan_sip together

I installed a fresh copy of FreePBX 14.0.16.11 and created a couple extensions. One of them was pjsip and the other was chan_sip. I can get the pjsip one to register just fine but the chan_sip extension does not register, I get an error in the log that it failed to authenticate. The weird thing is that the log message is coming from res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c even though I can clearly see the sip packets are coming in on 5160. I have restarted asterisk, confirmed password and extension were correct, double checked the bind ports and still have the same issue. Is there something else I need to check?

[2023-01-18 21:00:40] NOTICE[2923] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'REGISTER' from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '1.2.3.4:5560' (callid: xxxxxxxxxxx) - Failed to authenticate

Both driver will exist on different ports. You may be trying with the same port on your phones.
2 things. Don’t use chan_sip, move to PJSIP & if it’s a new installation please use an up to date version, at least v15.

I confirmed the phone is reaching out on the port that chan_sip is listening on. The installation I am doing is just for testing things. We want to switch to PJSIP but we want to do it incrementally so that is why I am testing running them both at the same time. It seems it isn’t possible since I have read numerous other posts where people were complaining about the same thing.

Make sure the secret is correct.
Then post the chan_sip and the chan_pjsip settings for the used transport as well a your phone’s settings.
Mask the IP addresses if necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.