Using CDR to get long distance usage by extension

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance but I have not been unable to find examples of using the FreePBX reporting (CDR) to get information about long distance usage. My CDR is working since I can plug in date range for an extension as the source and get data back. My problem is sorting that data to something useful I want to be able to see long distance usage by extension. I tried using the extension as a source and the long distance mask (9|1NXXNXXXXXX) that didn’t work so how do I do this. Can I use the FreePBX reporting or do I have to use something like phpMyAdmin or some sort of billing program to do this. Using FreePBX version 2.4.1.0.

Thanks

What we do is download the CSV file(s) (/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/master.*), load them up into excel, then do a multiple column sort to get that information.

You can also do a export from mysql for a date range to csv and get the same thing as the CDR files.

Hi,

Thanks that helps greatly. Do you know if it is possible to control the information in these csvs. I would be nice to have a new file start at month end. I know I can sort by date but it just would make the downloads smaller if I want to preserve data.

Thanks

Hi,

One more thing is there a listing of what each column is. I noticed there are 2 minutes used columns, what is the difference between the 2 minutes used columns.

Thanks

ours already rotate at end of the month. and keep the last 3 (it’s not in /etc/logrotate.d/ that does it so I don’t know of the top of my head. (rotating at EOM for us is a issue as we get billing based on the 11th of the month.).

Not sure what the columns diff’s are.